Terms & Conditions
- Payment can be made using any of the methods listed on this web site and will be debited when we have accepted your offer to purchase.
- All prices are quoted in UK pounds Sterling and include VAT where applicable.
- Our acceptance of your offer to purchase Goods is subject to their availability. Our acknowledgement of order acceptance via web or e-mail is not a guarantee of delivery. We will inform you if we are unable to deliver the Goods which you have offered to purchase and a full refund will be given.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the descriptions and price of goods are correct. We will inform you as soon as possible in the event of an error in pricing or description coming to our attention. Where we notify you of such an error, you will have the option of either (i) confirming your offer to purchase subject to the corrected description or price, or (ii) retracting your offer to purchase and receiving a full refund if the Goods have been paid for.
Our prices in the European Union include VAT where applicable. Orders shipped to countries outside the EU may be subject to additional Sales Taxes and Import Duties.
Distance Selling Regulations
We are obliged by law to provide you, prior to the delivery to you of the goods which you have purchased, with certain information in relation to those goods and your rights in relation to the agreement with us.
Right to Cancel this Agreement
Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have seven working days from the Commencement Date (“the cooling-off period”) in which to cancel this Agreement if for any reason you are not happy with the Goods which have been delivered to you. This cooling off period begins on the day after the day you receive the Goods from us.
If you wish to cancel the Agreement under the Distance Selling Regulations, you must notify us of this fact in writing and send your notification to us by e-mail or post within the cooling-off period. Full contact details are set out below.
On cancellation, you must return the Goods that we have delivered to you. On our receipt of the returned Goods, we will exchange the Goods or we will refund to you the price you paid for the Goods and reimburse any original delivery charges. Unless you originally received substitute goods, you will be liable for the costs of returning the Goods to us, and we will not re-imburse you for this.
You should return such Goods either to our store or posted back to us as follows:-
Shoehorne Returns, Shoehorne Ltd, 8 Sun Lane, Newmarket, CB8 8EW
- Goods must be adequately sealed in the original packaging where possible. Do not send back without packaging. Please note that the Royal Mail may reject any package that is not adequately wrapped;
- fully complete the returns form downloaded from shoehorne.com/returns or enclose a note detailing your name, address, contact number and reason for return. This will ensure that you receive your refund or replacement goods promptly;
- Please make sure that you have addressed the package clearly with the above address. We recommend that you get a certificate of posting from the Post Office as proof that you have sent the package (the Post Office do not charge for issuing these certificates).
Limitation of Liability
IMPORTANT: THIS CLAUSE CONTAINS PROVISIONS WHICH RESTRICT THE EXTENT TO WHICH WE ARE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS YOU MAY SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE GOODS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND DO NOT MAKE AN OFFER TO PURCHASE THE GOODS UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THIS CLAUSE.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude any provision of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, or of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, or of any other legislation designed to ensure that the rights of parties to a contract of the type of this Agreement (i.e. standard terms and conditions which are not individually negotiated) are fairly balanced.
- Subject to the aforesaid, we shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage unless such loss or damage arises as a direct result of our negligence, recklessness or wilful misconduct, or fraud or misrepresentation on our part.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all liability for our employees’ or sub-contractors’ negligence.
- We may include links from time to time from our website to other internet sites. We have no control over the content of such sites and disclaim any liability in respect of your use of such sites.
- All conditions, terms, representations and warranties relating to the Goods which are not expressly stated in this Agreement are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our total liability to you in respect of any claim by you arising out of or in connection with the provision (or the failure to provide) the Goods shall be limited to the value of the goods supplied.
- No claim by you against us shall be valid unless you have notified us of the details of the claim within one year of it arising.
- Every provision of this clause 11 excluding or limiting liability shall be construed separately, applying and surviving even if for any reason any of these provisions is held inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances, and shall remain in force notwithstanding the expiry or termination of this Agreement.
IMPORTANT: IN THIS CLAUSE YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS WE (OR CERTAIN PEOPLE CONNECTED WITH US) SUFFER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF THE AGREEMENT BY YOU OR BY CERTAIN PEOPLE CONNECTED WITH YOU. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY AND DO NOT MAKE AN OFFER TO PURCHASE THE GOODS UNLESS YOU AGREE TO THIS CLAUSE.
You agree that you shall be liable for, and hereby agree to indemnify us on demand in respect of any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs and claims (including reasonable legal fees) sustained or incurred by us, our agents, suppliers, resellers, our customers, officers or employees, and arising as a result of breach by you of this Agreement.
We have used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of our website but make no warranty, express or implied, as to the nature or accuracy of any material on the website and cannot accept liability for any particular material on the website or as a result of any use of or reliance placed upon information contained within the website. The Confirmation Form is conclusive as to the Charges and the description of the Service.
Although every effort is made to ensure complete accuracy, some prices or details shown on the website may change from time to time, and it is possible that errors will occur. We will use reasonable endeavours to rectify any errors as swiftly as possible.
We shall respond to any communication received by us as quickly as we can.